Malaligned teeth or teeth that do not fit together correctly are harder to keep clean. They are at risk of being lost early due to tooth decay and periodontal disease, and cause extra stress on the chewing muscles that can lead to headaches, TMJ syndrome and neck, shoulder and back pain.
We do orthodontic treatment to correct your crooked or malaligned teeth so that you get a healthier mouth and a more pleasing appearance, which is more likely to last a lifetime.
If you have any of the following, you may be a candidate for orthodontic treatment:
- If your upper front teeth lie too far forward (stick out) over the lower teeth
- If your lower teeth are too far forward or the upper teeth too far back
- If your upper teeth do not come down slightly in front of the lower teeth when biting together normally
- If the center of your upper front teeth does not line up with the center of your lower front teeth
- Gaps, or spaces, between the teeth as a result of missing teeth or teeth that do not “fill up” the mouth
- when there are too many teeth for the dental ridge to accommodate
We provide many different types of appliances, both fixed and removable, used to help move teeth, break unwanted habits of patient, retrain muscles and affect the growth of the jaws.
We provide esthetic orthodontics with ceramic brackets as well .
We also provide Counseling and if needed, Habit Breaking Appliances for habits like Thumb sucking, Lip/Nail/pencil biting habit, habit of breathing from mouth (Mouth breathing), Tongue Thrusting habit etc